• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing ring volume against my will

aikiscott

Folks, I have recently noticed that my Rezound is deciding what its ring volume should be without my intervention.

I set it on vibrate only (almost always, but definitely always at work). I am 100% confident that I do this; I have even written it down for confirmation. However, sometimes my phone has other ideas.

Take today for an example: very important meeting at work, so I double-checked that I was set on vibrate. Four hours later, I get a call, and my phone rings! The phone was no longer on "vibrate only", although I hadn't touched it all day.

This is not the first time it has happened, although it doesn't happen every day. It seems intermittent and random.

The only things I could think of that may be influencing it are:

1. I installed Llama, but deleted it immediately when it started changing settings the moment I launched it for the first time. That really ticked me off. (Don't start changing things the instant I open the program. It's MY choice what profiles to use and when.) I undid all its volume changes and deleted it.
  2. I have Sound Profile installed, but its scheduler is not activated, and the volume level my phone changes to isn't one of its profiles, anyway.

I am 100% convinced the phone is changing ring volume without my intervention. How do I figure out what is causing it and how to stop it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

Back
Top Bottom