• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Charge/USB port - what were they thinking?

aldredd

As per my title - what were they thinking then they decided to put the usb/charge port on the side?

I know the location of battery/sim/sd ports would have made a bottom port difficult, but really, it's such a ridiculous place to have it. If I want to get a dock, I've either got to have a sideways dock - which is pointless as Sense doesn't do landscape, or a dock where you then have to plug a cable in - pretty pointless having the dock then.

Also means I can't charge it in my car dock - any funny how HTC don't make a dock (desk or car) for the desire s!

A minor thing in the grand scheme of things, but still very annoying!

(rant over)

Totally agree with you about the USB port being on the side like it is. Why didnt they put it at the bottom? Its so cumbersome.

It does work better if your using your desire in the car in landscape for navigation, and there are charging cradles available which let you watch a movie in fullscreen while charging...

It does work better if your using your desire in the car in landscape for navigation, and there are charging cradles available which let you watch a movie in fullscreen while charging...

Yeah no doubt, but thats seldom for me unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom