• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help charger not compatible message using OEM charger

kenn

Android Enthusiast
I am using the OEM charger on my Dinc and nothing else. I randomly get a message something like, "The charger you are using is not compatible with your device. Remove the charger now to avoid damage to your phone". I have not used anything other than the OEM charger ever.

It isn't loose or frayed or bent strangely. It also seems to charge even though the message pops up. For now, I'm using my computer's USB port to charge it but man, that's SLOOOOOOOOW.

It has done it since I first got the phone and before I had even installed my first app. It also does it after a factory reset and reprogram.

Customer service is sending an aftermarket wall charger free of charge until I can get an OEM unit as they are obviously out of stock.

How many others have experienced this issue?

I was actually in Verizon the other day (GF was setting up her corporate discount). The demo was throwing that error.

I had that error with my car charger once. Haven't seen it again. I've just been watching it carefully hen I use it.

Back
Top Bottom