• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Charger suddenly a loose fit

Rgarner

Android Expert
I hadn't been having any problems with the charger. Now it's somehow loose, sometimes charging and sometimes not. How do I fix this?

well if it is hardware issue, the only thing to do is get it fixed. how you do this you say? well you can take it in tio get it fixed by a professional or if you a DYI kind of guy you can do it yourself. the best place hands down on the net is iFixit they have an exhausting amount of inventory on a huge selection of devices. plus they have guides on how to install all of the parts they sell.

This very much depends on whether it is a USB type B or C connector.

If the charger is the older type B the connector it has 2 small pins that click into place within the phone port, these fail and the quickest fix would be to try another cable/purchase a new one. If this does not work then the port on the device is damaged which will need to be fixed. Unfortunately this types of port can be damaged easily depending on how you use them. (Using the device while on charge etc)

If it is a type C then for sure try a different cable, but it is more likely that the port is damaged and will need to be repaired. In my experience these ports are a lot more durable, however damage can still occur.

Do you mean your phone's USB port is loose? If it's the case, I have the solution (no need to replace the charging port).

Back
Top Bottom