• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Charging Cradle Instock VZW Online

Just an FYI for everybody that is installing and InvisibleShield , Phantom Skinz ect. , and you prolly already know this but I'm gonna say it anyways, you have to let it dry for a good 24-48 hours before the screen clears up. I installed my Phantom Skinz Monday morning and it looked horrible, riddled with bubbles and haziness. Tonight it is crystal clear and has no bubbles whatsoever.

So please before you get upset and tear it back off make sure you have allowed proper drying time.

I assume goon55 is tearing his IS off the screen because of the orange peel texture , although I could be wrong. Just speaking from experience...

Jacqueline , I love your happy dance and am now happy dancing as well. What can I say its contagious :D

ABSOLUTELY right. I am a huge believer in the Shield. Been using them for years. You do have to be patient, give it some time to install and cure. mine looks crystal clear and is installed fine. I just want to try something else. I might even end up gong back to the Shield, who knows. But the arguments have been compelling enough (thanks to GMB mostly!) to try the phantom.

(sorry this thread isnt really for this, but yall asked)

Upvote 0
You know I havent even been able to open my dock yet :( I gave it to my wife to give to me for my B-day on the 22nd so I have to wait until then. I figure this way I get something I really want :D

I just have to practice my surprised look in the meantime :rolleyes:

Awwww a romantic geek. Have her send it to me and I'll get it engraved "eventually".

Upvote 0
Hi All,
I just stumbled upon this site: Accessorygeeks.com. Although they have plenty of 'compatible' items, they also have original equipment.

If you're looking for a car charger for your Droid, you already know that it's $29.99 at Verizon and if you have a corporate/employee discount, then it's knocked down to $22.49.

At the Accessorygeeks.com site it's: $12.95 and if you use coupon (8DROIDS), the price is knocked down to $11.95 with FREE shipping!

Happy Shopping

UPDATE: 11-19-09

All, I received my car charger fm Accessorygeeks today. It only took 36 hours and it is the Verizon car charger...

Upvote 0
Jacqueline , I love your happy dance and am now happy dancing as well. What can I say its contagious :D

Whee! This dance is awesome. :D

The car charger works well, as does the multimedia station dock. I've got the dock on my nightstand at home and on my desk at work. I really like the way it works on my desk. I can see the screen and use my apps while it rests there charging. No need to worry about if the battery will last all day while using heavy video and audio.

Upvote 0
Whee! This dance is awesome. :D

The car charger works well, as does the multimedia station dock. I've got the dock on my nightstand at home and on my desk at work. I really like the way it works on my desk. I can see the screen and use my apps while it rests there charging. No need to worry about if the battery will last all day while using heavy video and audio.

I'm dual-docking at home and work as well...and a buddy w/a Droid stopped by today and checked it out and ordered two for himself.

Really nice to have it there on the desk (don't like large phones in my pocket when sitting down anyway), and I had to stay at my desk at lunch today to wait for a call, so I watched part of a movie I put on it (Shawshank Redemption). Pretty good geek bliss.... :D

Upvote 0
I'm dual-docking at home and work as well...and a buddy w/a Droid stopped by today and checked it out and ordered two for himself.

Really nice to have it there on the desk (don't like large phones in my pocket when sitting down anyway), and I had to stay at my desk at lunch today to wait for a call, so I watched part of a movie I put on it (Shawshank Redemption). Pretty good geek bliss.... :D

Sweet! I've been watching some tech videos while working. Now I'm debating on getting some decent desk speakers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones