• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging issues by new version of android

After the recente update of Android I am experiencing charging problems. The smartphone only allows charging the battery if it is off. I check with another charger than the original and too I restarted my cellphone as a factory mode and neither.

When charging the smartphone when it is lit doesn't advance percentage and stays at the same value.

With this I can conclude that the problem is the lastest version of Android (7.0), and, I had the same problem two years ago, with the Nexus 5, only this one didn't even allow charging the cellphone in any way, I changed the battery and nothing, it was the same problem, update Android.

Reactions: COVFEFE
After the recente update of Android I am experiencing charging problems. The smartphone only allows charging the battery if it is off. I check with another charger than the original and too I restarted my cellphone as a factory mode and neither.

When charging the smartphone when it is lit doesn't advance percentage and stays at the same value.

With this I can conclude that the problem is the lastest version of Android (7.0), and, I had the same problem two years ago, with the Nexus 5, only this one didn't even allow charging the cellphone in any way, I changed the battery and nothing, it was the same problem, update Android.

Yes. The Nougat update screwed up my fast charging on one of my phones. My Nexus 5 always says 'charging slowly', but still charges up quickly like it should. Lots of people are complaining about this, not on any particular brand, but with Nougat in general.

Reactions: Cesar Ramirez
Upvote 0
I found this answer:

"I'm currently running Android 7.0 on a Nexus 6P and had been experiencing severe battery drain on with no changes to my apps. I tried all of the solutions on all of the Android and Nexus 6P threads with no luck. Since the upgrade to 7.0 I went from running all day under heavy use to losing 30% with no use at all and less than 4 hours during the day.

When checking out my battery stats I went to the Battery Optimization screen and switched the view to "All". From their I chose to reset all app preferences. I had tried everything else and figured with the exception of a full factory reset so I figured I had nothing to lose. There is no loss of data just the initial pop-up on the first use of each app nagging you to grant permissions again.

Long story short, 5 days later, I'm happy to report my phone is now a battery beast! I'm getting more hours of usage than I ever have and by more I mean at least an extra 3 - 4 hours.

I have no idea why this would have changed anything but it did. I have no idea if this will work for anyone else but felt I should at least share my success story.

Good luck and let me know if this works for you."

Also, Entering the boot menu and selecting the option "Reboot to download mode", "Boot to Recovery Mode" and then "wipe cache partition" and finally "reboot system now" this also improved the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones