• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging port dead - need photos

kmwhitt

Lurker
My charging port has been dead for months now. I had to replace it twice before and the last time they were unable to fix it, so I am waiting it out until January 2013 when it's time for a new phone. In the meantime I bought 2 spare batteries and a charger for $16 buck off of Amazon... works like a charm...

Anyway, I have over 1,000 pictures I need to retrieve and I'm not crazy about the idea of emailing them to myself one-by-one. I have a friend with the same phone as mine and I have tried mounting my SD card (where my pictures are) into her phone. It will not read my card... Why? I am able to connect her phone to my computer with my SD card inserted, but it does not show up when I mount as disc drive. Why not?

I have also tried other suggestions on various forums - to no avail.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me or is it time to give it up? The tech people at Verizon may be able to retrieve them when it is time for a new phone, but I need some of them now. Please - I have spent 3 hours looking for answers tonight and have tried everything I can think of to do...

My computer claims to have an SD port, but I can't figure out how to insert it - space is too tight in any direction. Is the CPU referring to another type of SD card?

Also, I notice that when in the picture gallery under the share icon, one of the options is Backup Assistant. Is it possible that I can upload them to Verizon's site overnight and download tomorrow? Can this be done with any other app? As I mentioned there are will over 1,000 pics - each high-res at roughly 1MB each...

Thanks,

Kevin

The best way to do this would be to get yourself a micro SD to Mini SD converter. You will remove your SD card from your phone and insert it into the converter. You can then put this into the SD slot of a PC and you should be able to retrieve your photos.

Thanks for the advice. Sorry for the delay in responding - was out of town for the holidays... I placed the order for the adapter this morning!

Otherwise, you could try Wifi File Transfer (pro is worth the buck and a half or so), or zip the files into a few zip archives and upload them to dropbox, or some other cloud storage. Then there's always bluetooth file transfer from one device to another if you have a bluetooth enabled pc...

yup. install dropbox on your phone and your computer. It's free(ish). I think it will automatically sync all the photos if you allow it (it's been a long time since I installed it so I don't remember)

Back
Top Bottom