• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Chinese text message can't display correctly

Just got Intercept (Virgin Mobile), Android 2.2. I'm in US. Any text message with Chinese characters that I receive (from my friends or myself) shows random letters like "??0 0 b Nxn[?b O". The 'sent' messages all display fine though. Also Chinese messages through internet applications like skype and msn work fine. I've tried two Chinese input methods, which I don't think really matters to the problem.

There's someone online with similar issues with Japanese characters, who got reply from VM that they don't support Japanese. I called myself just now and the technical supports says he can't do anything about it as Chinese input wasn't installed by default.

Anyways...I just want to know if anyone at all has successfully received a Chinese (or any other languages other than English) text message using the same phone (VM) in US? And if there's any solutions to it (given it's not VM's problem). Thanks a lot.

Back
Top Bottom