• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

chrome has stopped

tkemple

Lurker
Hello, when I try to open chrome I get the following message, "unfortunately chrome has stopped". I have tried uninstalling updates and re-intalling them, I've force stopped the app, I've cleared the data and the cache (several times), and I've powered the phone down and back up. Nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to fix this? I have been thinking that I may have to try doing a factory data reset. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hello, when I try to open chrome I get the following message, "unfortunately chrome has stopped". I have tried uninstalling updates and re-intalling them, I've force stopped the app, I've cleared the data and the cache (several times), and I've powered the phone down and back up. Nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to fix this? I have been thinking that I may have to try doing a factory data reset. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S5. When your Chrome app crashes, can you do anything else? On mine, all apps are unresponsive, and then after 30 seconds to a minute, Chrome reopens on its own and everything works. Just wondering if you have the same issue, and if so, did you ever resolve it?

My phone is a droid RAZR. Other apps worked just fine. Chrome would not open at all. I did finally get it resolved but I had to do a factory data reset. There may be an easier way but I sure couldn't find it.

Back
Top Bottom