• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Classic Sony Xperia E Boot Issue.

James XP

Lurker
Hello All,

I have an archaic Sony Xperia E which has not seen much use but seems to have a very odd problem which prevents it from booting. It was working flawlessly until I woke up one morning and it would not switch on. I charged it fully the day before and it was only down to about 80% that evening. It would only respond to charge with a flashing red light and did not respond to the power button being pressed. I saw online that sometimes it can take a long time for it to switch on after a flat battery, so I left it on charge for 4 hours then tried the power button, no response, then once every hour and still no result. I tried every different button combination possible for at least 10 seconds each and nothing. In the end I thought that the battery must be dead which is why It is displaying a flashing red light and not responding. So I purchased a new battery for it, and guess what? Still not responsive.

I really appreciate any and all help that anyone could provide, I hope to revive it as it's in perfect cosmetic condition and would be a great example of early Android technology if working.

Thanks Again,

James.

PS. The events descibed above happened about 5 years ago. I tried this all again this year, and later purchased the other battery. I have also put the device on charge on the day of this post in hope that it'll respond.

Back
Top Bottom