• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Clean-up" application, or one from SEUS?

Does anyone know if there is a "Clean-up" application available for android OS, and/or a SE one that works with the PC software?

My phone recently decided to upgrade me from R2BA024 to R2BA024!!! (go figure), and completely wipe the usability of all my apps and settings. Now I find that, after reinstalling, the apps (espcially the widgets) like 3G Watchdog, google finance etc. don't work at all. From a file manager, I can see that there appears to be multiple folders for applications, so when my phone was "flashed", stuff was left behind that appears to interfere with my current configuration. The phone's widgets were working a treat until bloody SE PC companion screwed me over.

So, is there such software available? If not, would anyone know if doing this manually is such a good idea (strikes me as kind of a-kin to manually updating a PC's registry)?

Or failing all this - I guess it's a case of restoring the phone back to original factory settings, and starting yet again! :mad:

Hi.

Mount your card and cleanup your SD, remove old folders ect for apps that are no longer installed. Might be an idea to reflash and start again but that's up to you, if you do obviously back up your phone and files, and wipe the SD before starting the process.

+1

I was also going to suggest re-flashing, but that's totally your choice.
Take X10iUser's advice, he's good :D lol

Upvote 0
Mount your card and cleanup your SD, remove old folders ect for apps that are no longer installed

The trouble is, I have re-installed all the apps I used to use; but there are multiple folders for the same apps: some that seemed to have come from when I had originally installed the app, and some from when I re-installed after the SE update!

Think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and take the re-flashing steps. :(

Upvote 0
The trouble is, I have re-installed all the apps I used to use; but there are multiple folders for the same apps: some that seemed to have come from when I had originally installed the app, and some from when I re-installed after the SE update!

Think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and take the re-flashing steps. :(

Format your SD card, see if that solves your problem before you decide to reflash

Upvote 0
I would just wipe the card and start over again.

Remove the SD card from the phone then save off anything you want to keep like music, pictures ect and then just wipe the card clean and then insert it back into the phone.

The phone will then install all the files needed back on to the SD card then you can mount the phone via the USB and chuck your music and pictures back on and then it should all start working again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones