• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CLEANING OUT GMAIL

oaklane

Android Enthusiast
Ok when I'm reading my gmail on my phone and delete it still appears on my tablet as well as on my pc. I thought there was a way so that once you delete it off of one device it won't show up on the others? Am I wrong? On the phone and tablet, I'm using the google/gmail app that is in the play store, nothing fancy.

Last edited:
Check your Sync settings on the phone, tablet and PC. If everything is set to Sync then that's just what should happen.

Unless...you're using POP3. Are you using POP3 instead of IMAP. Are you using POP3?

Is this Gmail accounts, Yahoo, Hotmail, private domain or...?

I didn't think GMail could or used to not be able to delete server side? If that's still the case that'd explain why your mail still shows on PC etc.

Thanks that's what I was thinking that it still stays on the gmail server side. It's just a pain to delete it say off the tablet, then I see it on the phone or I see it when I log in on my pc.

Are you sure that you are using the Google GMail app on the tablet? It sounds like you are using a third party mail app that connects to Gmail using POP3. You either need to go into the Play Store on the tablet and make sure that you have the Gmail app from Google, or change your account settings on Gmail to allow IMAP connections (from a PC browser, in GMail settings) and then connect on the tablet's email app to Gmail using IMAP.

Back
Top Bottom