• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Client Certificate issue while loading email

• Thread starter Client Certificate Issue
  • Start date
C

Client Certificate Issue

I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Phone which was running Android 4.4 . I recently upgraded the OS to Lollipop . After doing this, my email client ( configured to connect with my company's exchange server with a client certificate ) started showing the following message when opened .

Security Warning
Certificates have been found in the private storage of the previous OS installation. They will be imported to credential storage.
Note : Encryption, Signing, and Sync functions will not be available if the certificates are not imported

CANCEL CONTINUE

Irrespective of whether I press Cancel or Continue, the page keeps showing the message "Loading" with the circle going around and nothing happens. How do I prevent this issue ?
Note : I had installed a fresh certificate from my company after the OS upgrade and am able to sync up my calendar with the events. Even the count of emails on the icon is updated when the email arrives. The issue is only with respect to showing the emails in the email client.

Can someone help me with this issue ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones