• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clockwork question

Potatochip

Nov 26, 2009
So I just bought a liquid e from someone and tried to do the update to the official update to 2.2 I ran into an issue. the previous owner must have rooted it using work mod and I can't seem to update it. is there a way to unroot it and put it back to stock? its with Rogers in Canada if that means anything. I have looked for walk throughs but can only find find European and asian files.

any help is appreciated

thanks

Okay so here is what you are going to have to do. Credit to Harness for making it workable and giving me the instructions (ROGERS ONLY! PRETTY SURE IT WILL SIMLOCK YOUR PHONE TO ROGERS).

First flash 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1-
Find the .bin here-http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liquid-liquid-modaco-com/317068/acer-liquid-liquid-e-liquid-metal-all-roms-bin-extract-collection/
Read the instructions here- [TUTORIAL] How to flash .bin files on Acer Liquid/E - Android @ MoDaCo
If anything goes wrong, refer to this- [TIP] Dont try to restart phone during flash if it looses connection, or u will have a bricked liquid! [MOD PLEASE STICKY!] - Android @ MoDaCo

Then install MalezRecovery- acer-liquid-malez-recovery - Project Hosting on Google Code

Then flash this .zip (it is signed)- Official Android 2.2 Froyo ROM [ROGERS ONLY] - Android @ MoDaCo

Then reboot (or it might automatically reboot, either way) and you should be back to stock (recovery included).

Upvote 0
No. Sorry. Place the zip on your sd card (root, not in a folder), reboot into malez recovery (instructions on google code site linked above), and go to the flash/test menu and then flash the zip with sign check.

As far as the ui goes, that is the Acer UI included on all new Acer phones and the European/Asian Liquids, can be turned off easily (Settings--> Applications--> User Interface--> Android UI)

Reactions: Potatochip
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones