• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cloud storage - to the max

uzee

May 14, 2010
Scotland
i love the idea of cloud storage, currently use this for some work etc.

for those that dont know - cloud storage means accessing, storing and editing your files on-line, not from your sd card or any other storage medium

for me the main benefit is of not having to backup my mobile files every time i get a major update or new phone. Also the sam files can be accessed from any computing device that has an internet connection.

I believe this will be a set standard, if not now then for the future.

However before we start thinking of the many cloud storage apps/websites/services etc, one major point i want to make is:

ideally i'd want (im sure others too) a cloud storage space/service that can handle most file types.

I wouldn't want many cloud storage apps, just the one for everything, including contacts, backups and more. This could be a challenge.

Some of the cloud services available are:

Drop Box website app
Box website app
Google Docs website app

You might know of others services too.

Are you a power user of cloud storage, do you it treat as your main hub/space for file access and backup? Would love your opinions and how you overcome the challenges, that i stated in the bold text.

Please note that this discussion is about the challenges and the functions/features that each of the services have. Its not about which one has the most storage space available : )

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones