• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM 11 no SD card problem HELP

I'm new to the whole rooting and flashing stuff and I had an HTC one s and I rooted it and flashed CM11 nightly onto it it runs great however the SD card is not being recognized every time I try and download something off the internet it says no SD card and when I am in snapchat it says insert an SD card to view video snaps. I have no idea what to do as I said I am a beginner and this is my first time to all of this but this SD card problem is really annoying and frustrating pleaseee help I'm so lost and I forgot to back up to the stock ROM so I can't do anything there I tried to reflash but recovery can't find SD card. I really need help I'm so lost 😢

Hello and welcome to the forums I see you have a problem with a cm ROM. Only thing that can speak for its self is that its a nightly it has problems as it say as a pop up

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392066222253.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392066222253.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 96
Ok power off the device wipe the SD card contacts with a pencil eraser and blow off take a clean tissue or a cotton swab dry and go over the contacts again this will clean anything left behind . now blow into the SD spot and replace the clean SD card into the spot and reboot up and test it if didn't repair try to get into the recovery and mount the SD card only

okkay i think that we are getting somewhere but when i went into recovery and went to mounts and storage menu i went to mount /storage/sdcard0 and it said error mounting /storage/sdcard0 should i format it?

Well, since the sdcard is internal, there's no way to try it out in something else.

What recovery do you have on your phone?

ERM OK I'm running clockwork mod recovery and would this ruu re lock the bootloader and unroot the phone basically? Sorry for the late reply I just got the notification

ERM OK I'm running clockwork mod recovery and would this ruu re lock the bootloader and unroot the phone basically? Sorry for the late reply I just got the notification
Yes, it would relock the bootloader and unroot the phone. You would need to redo those steps in order to be able to get back where you are. If the problem is more than just the CM11 ROM and is a hardware issue, then you would pretty much be stuck with a stock phone. But you can check into insurance/replacement in that case.
And sorry for the stupid question but how do I know if I have "s-off"
If you haven't run either facepalm or moonshine, you are s-on. Basically, if you don't remember performing the steps for s-off (a special process beyond unlocking the bootloader and rooting) then you are s-on.
Unless you bought it that way or had someone else do it for you. In that case, you can boot into the bootloader (power and volume down when the phone is off) and it will say at the top something like "VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL" (or S-OFF, if that is the case)

Also, I haven't used CWM recovery on this phone in ages. I believe that there used to be an issue with mounting the sdcard partition in CWM. I think it has been fixed by now, but I could be wrong here. So as far as the recovery, it isn't the one I use so I can't help you troubleshoot there.

I use TWRP and it can mount the sdcard partition just fine. You could try flashing TWRP before running a RUU just to see if it will allow you to mount the sdcard and flash another ROM and get you going.

Back
Top Bottom