• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CM 12.1 to factory

Piznick64

Android Enthusiast
Jun 4, 2012
I have the virgin mobile s3, and i installed 12.1 on it, but now that i want to go to factory it bootloops, i havent use the s3 in over a year, i have the OnePlus One and it broke on me so i want to factory unlock virgin mobile (which i have the unlock code) to switch it to straight talk so.. im wondering why it wont let me go back, i havent worked on an s3 in a long time..

When going from a lollipop to a kit kat rom with the S3 you have to completely wipe internal storage. I don't know which recovery you are using, but in Philz for example when you wipe for new rom it DOES NOT wipe the entire internal SD card. This is required. You have to wipe data for new rom, then go to mounts and storage and "format data and media" to completely wipe the internal SD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones