• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM 7.0 Nightlies

I started using this earlier today. It's running great but as johnlgalt said, there are issues with the accelerometer, compass and light sensor.

Ultimate droid 3.0 (what I was running before) is having the same issues plus some random restarts.

Both roms are having issues with 3G going away after phone calls (at least from what I've noticed)

Upvote 0
Not sure if you guys have noticed this or not, but after I installed last night's nightly, I stopped having the 3G problem after phone calls. I am installing tonight's nightly now, but made sure to save last night's in case that comes back, that was definitely a winner.

You know, I'm not sure what happened, but I made a few calls last night before going to bed, and this morning I still have 3G (without any toggling). However, I'm still running UD3 :thinking:
When I have time tomorrow, I'll have to give one of these CM nightly's a shot. What kernel do they come with preloaded, and which are most of you guys running?

Upvote 0
is anyone having issues with screen rotation? Is that somehow related to accelerometer? Mine won't rotate unless I open the keyboard on any app that has a portrait mode.
Which CM rom are you running? Currently im running CM7.0.0 RC0 Droid KANG, and the only problem ive had is the keyboard lights not working. 3g data is working for me without having to do the airplane mode trick.

Upvote 0
The CM Nightlies around build 6 started including a scripted workaround for the 3G being dropped after phone calls.

However, it has been noted that a few users just simply left their phones alone after making a call and the 3G automatically picked itself back up after a period of ~10 minutes or so. So, based upon this, if you make calls the night before and then check the next morning it is likely that you'll have service restored.

The script included is a workaround and not a true fix.

That being said, Jeffv2 has posted a new build that has the accelerometer fixed.

And I see in the forums below that Liquid is back in the game again, too....

Upvote 0
I'm currently running the latest CM7 nightly and it runs really smooth. The only downside so far is that sometimes you get random reboots/shutdowns, but other than that everything seems to be working. I haven't tried out the camcorder but the camera works, they also seem to have a pretty good 'fix' for the 3G connection after a phone call. Also, their accelerometer seems to be a lot more responsive now and the keyboard lights will come on depending on the light (in most cases).

Upvote 0
Running build 18, downloading 19 right now...not had any issues but the camcorder with build 18. Accelerometer is responsive all the way around, kb lights work, 3G after calls works (though I read this is actually a script that is set to 'run' after a call ends...whatever, it's working). Snappy and good battery life (plays well with sapphire LV 7 slot 1Ghz kernel so far).

**Update**
Got build 19 up and running (still w/Sapphire kernel). Looks purty - Cyan-themed (color) battery, signal, & wifi icons in the notification bar, as well as app icons. Camcorder still a no-go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones