• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM 7.0 Nightlies

Been running #18 for most of today. It's working well enough for me to stick w/ it. I can live without the camcorder for now.

#18 doesn't seem to like live WP's. Seemed to bog down.

Been getting good battery life. But it seems to take a very long time to charge.

Been running #18 for most of today. It's working well enough for me to stick w/ it. I can live without the camcorder for now.

#18 doesn't seem to like live WP's. Seemed to bog down.

Been getting good battery life. But it seems to take a very long time to charge.

I noticed this as well. I finally found a good live wallpaper too.

Build 21 ****ed my phone over something awful. Kept going back to the Android on the skateboard every time I tried to touch the robot to sign in. Older version of GApps, maybe? It was the 12-25 one, I think. Last time I don't use ROM Manager to update.

Well, i was going to update to v20, then 21, but for some fancy reason, Rom Mgr will NOT load them (and I cannot even reboot into recovery when trying to upload them either). Really wanted to try v21, but no go. Had to perform 3 battery pulls just to get it to reboot on v18.

Any thoughts? (I've tired re-flashing Rom Mgr, SP Recovery doesn't jive with my sd card for some reason either.)

Build 21 ****ed my phone over something awful. Kept going back to the Android on the skateboard every time I tried to touch the robot to sign in. Older version of GApps, maybe? It was the 12-25 one, I think. Last time I don't use ROM Manager to update.

I haven't been wiping after I did initially when I first switched over. And I only have one backup, since they take up a ton of space on my SD card and the ROM seems very stable. I honestly can't tell this is an experimental build unless I try the camcorder.

just wiped and installed 21, no gmail or market app to even go out and get gmail, ti backup...ect...am I missing something?

ran cm7 nightlies before then tried LF g-bread wanted to go back to cm7 nightlies downloaded 21 and booted to recovery wipe and format and loaded but booted straight to desktop and i cant add gmail under accounts and setting tried the same with 20. any idea what i am missing?

I used rom manager and had no issues. I did however flash Chevy's 1.25 medium voltage kernel and omg talk about fast. The widget resize options are beyond useful. I have to also say no issues with loss of 3G or any other of the known issues. Everything and I do mean everything seems to be working great. build 21 btw

I think that's what my issue was earlier. Nothing wrong with #21 and instead I used an old GApps pack.

Best way, IMO, is still through ROM Manager where you select the nightly, then select GApps, and it will restart the phone for you, in to recovery, flash both the ROM and GApps, and a kernel of your choice too, if you add it to the cue. That way you're not sitting there maneuvering through the menus manually. Saves some time and headache.

I used Rom Manager and made sure to check the google Addon's box, but it is working perfectly for me.

Checked it upon d/l from Rom Mgr. However, I've noticed I have to re-flash Rom Mgr (and permissions for some reason) whenever I want to d/l or install a new rom. That could be where the lack of gapps came into play.

I think that's what my issue was earlier. Nothing wrong with #21 and instead I used an old GApps pack.

Best way, IMO, is still through ROM Manager where you select the nightly, then select GApps, and it will restart the phone for you, in to recovery, flash both the ROM and GApps, and a kernel of your choice too, if you add it to the cue. That way you're not sitting there maneuvering through the menus manually. Saves some time and headache.

Thanks for all the replies, I had thought that i read that if you wipe in recovery that you keep some setting or something that you loose if you do it in rom manager.

Thanks for all the replies, I had thought that i read that if you wipe in recovery that you keep some setting or something that you loose if you do it in rom manager.

A wipe is a wipe. I think the ROM Manager wipe includes Dalvik cache and all the partitions and such. In recovery, you do those manually, so yeah, you can choose what to wipe if you want to, but I like a complete wipe.

I have not had to wipe when upgrading from nightly to nightly. I've been through three so far. Am I alone on this?

You guys are still talking about build# 21? #22 is out, get with the times!

LOL, they're really coming out with these fast and furious. Good thing you don't need to wipe between builds.

:D

Back
Top Bottom