• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cm mod constant reboots

Zeal415

Jun 19, 2015
Hey, main thread is locked. I have read thru all the pages. Saw some with this issue but no answers other than it goes away, or its been fixed.

My phone was at 15% when flashed. Followed all steps used correct twrp (blue theme). Formatted phone, both factory reset, and cache cleared.

I charged phone for a good 2 hours to 50%. I can use the phone for about 1 minute before it reboots and says dead battery.

Seems to have something to do with the late. When I'm using heavy data it reboots, or turns off the late (I was attempting to DL a theme).

A thing to note is I used a micro gapp from the site listed in main thread. Since I don't have a ext SD card, my phone doesn't have enough space for the full gapp. If that had somthin to do with it.

Please help me with this, I'm very frustrated, but to the dev team, aside from this reboot battery issue the cm mod is so fluid fast and responsive. Very very appreciated, great job guys, where can I donate to the dev team.

Edit: Pandora app doesn't play sound, and it plays the first 1-5 seconds than skips, another issue with lte?

Last edited:
When I did some development on the Verizon Motorola Droid (first 2.0 factory phone) we used a cleaner script that wiped system, data, dalvik, cache x3 and you wouldn't have to worry about random glitches like your experiencing. I still to this day wipe 3x and then install ROM.zip & Gapps. I currently only have the Camera & Battery issue, I have Viper4Android installed & pushed to system with the "Best quality" driver with no audio hiccups. The only reboot issue I have is the camera and within the first 10 seconds after initial boot then its butter. These guys did a pretty amazing job porting this without having the physical phone and to only have these flaws. I'm on the T-Mobile Leon just in case you were curious

Upvote 0
When I did some development on the Verizon Motorola Droid (first 2.0 factory phone) we used a cleaner script that wiped system, data, dalvik, cache x3 and you wouldn't have to worry about random glitches like your experiencing. I still to this day wipe 3x and then install ROM.zip & Gapps. I currently only have the Camera & Battery issue, I have Viper4Android installed & pushed to system with the "Best quality" driver with no audio hiccups. The only reboot issue I have is the camera and within the first 10 seconds after initial boot then its butter. These guys did a pretty amazing job porting this without having the physical phone and to only have these flaws. I'm on the T-Mobile Leon just in case you were curious

The battery bug isn't forcing a reboot when unplugged?

I may reinstall tonight if that's the case, I was pretty frustrated last night, had to step away lol.

I agree they did a fantastic job, this baby is so fast and fluid. I can live with the battery issue cuz I work driving all day so I can stay 4eva plugged in.

"1.Download the latest cm build
2.download the gapps wherever u like.
3.go into recovery twrp recovery
4.do a full wipe first factory reset,advanced wipe check on dalvik cache,system,cache then wipe.
5.flash ROM first then gapps second
6.after flashing reboot system"

If you did not do this then that might be the reason it reboots. Also, after I flashed the rom I wiped dalvik/cache and I did that also after installing gapps.

The only thing I did differently was no rebooting in between the factory reset, cache clear, and install. I think imma retry tonight.

BTW I'm on my lg Leon now after charging all night, battery dropped from 100%-92% in the time of writing this. Most likely a bugged stat, but not 1 reboot after getting a full charge. Or even potentially cm 12 is draining life so fast that on low % its forcing a reboot, prolly due to a fail safe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Double post

So I have re installed. Same issues. Battery just needs to be near fully charged to stay on. Guessing imma say atleadt 50%+.

As far as Pandora and internet radio goes.....

Pandora and slacker don't work, jango works on small songs, Google play music works (blahh).

When using slacker it says file missing, unable to play. So my guess is its an issue with the way they stream media, the phone tries to play b4 the song has been streamed, causing it to autoskip. It prolly loads a empty file which would explain why it skips after 1-7seconds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The latest build used to be in the download section, but it disappeared after the thread got locked

Oic awesome thus far no reboots, no charger. I'm assuming it will stay at 100% so I should disable battery meter?

Also have you or anyone been able to get internet radios to work? I was hoping this would fix it.

Symptoms
-app says its playing up to first 10 seconds of song, than skips
-no sound from pandora
-when raising volume with track "playing" it raises ringer volume and not media

I've used app store version, the 5.8 patched version, slacker, jango. Google play music works, but who wants to use that abomination.
I also tried switching to high quality settings.

Should be noted I'm using Pandora 1, I did pay the subscription. I tested under a non sub account same issue.

Googled the shot outta it, haven't found a solution.

Upvote 0
I have viper4android installed and im using the cracked pandora and both are working flawlessly. Also, im using h345 so that could be why Pandora is working for me.

So... Long story short after attempting to install v4a, found out I lost root, had to flash supersu.

After finally getting v4a installed and running, everything worked perfectly. Running 5.8 patched Pandora with a subscription, works perfectly.

Also viper4android sounds great. Thanks for the help, everything's perfect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones