• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM10 - Notifications?

Ilya

Android Enthusiast
For you guys on CM10...does your notification light work? Mine only turns on when the phone is charging/charged. If I get a text or a missed call, it does not work.

I've downloaded applications such as LED Control to try to get mine working and I know it does because when I plug it in to charge, I can change the light from being solid orange to flashing between orange and green...so the app is definitely controlling the notification light. It will NOT turn on for any other type of notification.

I was running MeanROM ICS (EVERYTHING worked) and went to CM10 and this just won't work. Is there any other highly recommended JB ROM's that I should go with instead of CM10?

I dont have any notification issues and Im running CM10.

There's a ROM called JellyBomb that's pretty nice. Give that a try.

Hmm, interesting.

I'll see if anyone else chimes in, if not, JellyBomb will be next next move.

Thank you for the quick response -Mike-.

I was running JellyBomb on my LTE before switching back to CM10. I just prefered the layout of CM10 and the lack of all the Sense stuff.

Im running JellyBomb on my Samsung Note II. So far its fantastic. My only complaint is all the blue (as in the color). It's smooth as silk and pretty fast. They're constantly updating and tweaking it. There's a good bit of support for it. You can read more about it over at xda-developers.com.

IMHO, its a really nice ROM. It's complete. If I start having CM10 issues, I'll be going back to JB.

Mine was working -- except the notification light was a solid green instead of a blinking light. But then a few weeks ago, I tried to tweak some of the custom notification light settings and the light stopped working after that.

I've since flashed to the latest ROM, and have all the default settings for the notification light, but it's still not working. Not sure what I did wrong, or how to fix it, but it's not really a big deal to me (I can see why it would be for others though) so I didn't investigate further.

It def works here.

Download a newer version and give it a reflash

Thanks. I tried this, to no avail. It will just not work using the CM10 ROM on this phone.

No apps will help it either...but I don't want to get rid of CM10 lol. I rather like this ROM.

Back
Top Bottom