• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CM13 upgrade issues for S3 ATT i747

ddredd99

I am running AT&T s3 i747, and loaded the new cm13 and gapps, and that worked fine. Now, my phone will not recognize the sim card. I have loaded it 2 times mow with the same results. Anyone else have this issue, or any ideas on how to fix this?

Since you are already on NE4 bootloader I would follow steps in this link to update to NJ1 first. Flashing both the NJ1 bootloader/modem zip and system image zip. Once that settles out flash the update to NJ2, both zips. That way you are fully updated and can make a backup of stock to have on hand.
He also has zip of stock recovery. Good to have if phone hangs on ATT screen for more than 10 min after flashing. Factory reset with stock recovery works wonders. Can always flash custom recovery again with Odin after things working normal.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3-att/general/rooted-ucufnj1-stock-rom-t2985006

Since we only have captured OTA updates I have always updated one step at a time, just as you would have received them OTA. AT&T doesn't make it easy.

Since we only have captured OTA updates I have always updated one step at a time, just as you would have received them OTA. AT&T doesn't make it easy.

OK, I will follow your directions on this, as I do not posses the knowledge on this as you do. I will have to wait until the weekend to perform this, as I do not have time to do this during the week, and if I run into problems, i cannot be without a phone. Thanks for your help, and please follow this thread, in case I need to ask more of you. I will post after my success!!!

Thanks!!!

I have never tried just updating the bootloader/ modem by itself. I have always made sure everything was working perfectly stock first before flashing custom ROM. May be able to get away with it but not sure.

OK, I will follow your directions on this, as I do not posses the knowledge on this as you do. I will have to wait until the weekend to perform this, as I do not have time to do this during the week, and if I run into problems, i cannot be without a phone. Thanks for your help, and please follow this thread, in case I need to ask more of you. I will post after my success!!!

Thanks!!!

One more thing,this should have no effect on my sim card right, upgrading the firmware?

Nope. But if you want to be on safe side you can remove sim before flashing updates.

What recovery are you using? TWRP works well with the i747.

Yes the most current version, just upgraded the other day.
So, I flash the NJ1 bootloader/modem zip and system image zip, reboot phone, then back to recovery to do the same for the NJ2 bootloader/modem zip and system image zip? Will I lose my TWRP recovery if I reload the system image after NJ1?

Yes on NJ1&2.
You will only lose TWRP if you have to flash the stock recovery zip.

You may get by by just flashing the NJ1 bootloader/modem then reboot. Boot back into TWRP and flash NJ2 bootloader/ modem zip then reboot if you plan on staying on custom ROM. I've always went the hard way so I would have working stock rooted backup.

Yes on NJ1&2.
You will only lose TWRP if you have to flash the stock recovery zip.

You may get by by just flashing the NJ1 bootloader/modem then reboot. Boot back into TWRP and flash NJ2 bootloader/ modem zip then reboot if you plan on staying on custom ROM. I've always went the hard way so I would have working stock rooted backup.
OK, let us just assume the worst here. If after loading the NJ1 modem it did not work after restarting and loading the system software and I was stuck at this point. Could I boot into recovery and load the rooted system file using Odin and restart into the factory system software that way?

No, we don't have Odin firmware that we can flash thanks to AT&T not releasing any but the first few versions for the phone. The firmware and bootloader/modem zips only work with custom recovery.

You have CM12.1 working now? If yes try flashing the NJ1 bootloader/modem zip and reboot. Go to settings about phone and scroo down to baseband. Should show NJ1

If CM12 works with NJ1, Flash NJ2 bootloader and modem zip and reboot. Check settings and see if baseband changed to NJ2. Check to see if everything works calls,text web. If good wipe and flash CM13 reboot and see if sim detected and everything works after set up.

As long as you got a recovery working we should be able to fix it if it borks.

The more I read over the XDA link they appear to be full system images and the only thing you should have to update in order is the bootloader and modem. Once that is done you could flash the NJ2 system image and be good to go. Gonna have to try it that way as soon as I get ahold of one that is NE4 or less. I may have been doing extra steps.

Good luck and post results.

The more I read over the XDA link they appear to be full system images and the only thing you should have to update in order is the bootloader and modem. Once that is done you could flash the NJ2 system image and be good to go. Gonna have to try it that way as soon as I get ahold of one that is NE4 or less. I may have been doing extra steps.

Good luck and post results.
I flashed the NJ1, then the NJ2, and it worked fine. Booted it up to verify baseband, and it displayed the NJ2, just fine, all is well. I went into TWRP and flashed the CM13 system zip, the GAPPS, then SuperSU, and booted into the new version, no troubles up to that point. It still shows no sim card installed. I went to status, and it now shows the baseband as 'unknown'. Went back to recovery and re-flashed the NJ2 just for the heck of it, and still displays as unknown. Stumped now.

Go back to the XDA link and download the NJ2 system image and stock recovery zip. Try flashing the system image first. Do a full wipe in recovery. If it hangs on AT&T logo for more than 10 min,pull and replace Battery then flash the stock recovery zip. Boot into the stock recovery and do a factory reset.
If it boots up into stock NJ2 System, you can reinstall TWRP with Odin.
Check in settings about phone to make sure build and baseband match, both NJ2.

Back
Top Bottom