• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 Beta 5 Youtube/Netflix fix

Kamel

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NEWBSAUCE

This is designed for CM7 Beta 5. From the way Hroark describes it, it may work for other mods too but I wont guarantee anything.

In response to this post >> http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/523838-cm7-beta-5-video-streaming-issue.html I have made a simple fix.

All I did was follow Hroark's instructions, but I tested and verified this is definitely working for my phone. Also thanks to Bloodawn, whos installer script I took to make the CWM package.

In a nutshell, this is only 2 zip files. cm7_youtube_fix takes all of the omx libraries from CTmod 3.3 and places them in your lib folder. cm7_netflix_fix takes all of the omx files from the original cm7 beta 5 and puts them back.

In other words, cm7_netflix_fix doesn't do ANYTHING unless you have already applied cm7_youtube_fix.

Anyway, I didn't really even "do" any of this, I just took Hroark's advice.

Hope it works for you guys, let me know if you have any problems with it.

definitely confirmed, at least for my setup. i have switch over like 5 times now and both netflix and youtube appear to work better for me with the youtube (CTmod files) installed. i don't know why that is, but glad it's working better *shrugs*

edit: ok, i'm going crazy, i've switched so many times now and i can no longer even tell a difference. wondering if i even made this right. it doesn't seem to damage anything in the least. it's very possible i did the CWM package totally wrong because i am definitely a newb lol

anyway, i gonna go run some errands. monologue ending in 3... 2.. 1..

After changing between the two MANY times I think I've figured out the characteristics of them.

Note: All tests have been done with 946mhz kernel with full performance enabled.

cm7_netflix_fix: Will play standard def youtube, but high quality is laggy (but it does play... the video can make a big difference). Able to use Netflix and Crackle mostly no audio/video sync issues, but did experience the occasional "hang frame" in Netflix which resulted in an av sync issue that resolves itself after some time. Seemed like could be related to a background process so may be fixable

cm7_youtube_fix: Plays standard def youtube without issues, high quality youtube is greatly improved, but still the occasional hiccup. Crackle works at random, if it stops working the only chance you have of getting it to work again is to reboot the phone. Netflix does work but is more laggy and has sync issues pretty much not watchable.

Not even a single reply? Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence everyone lol
Lol...thanx for this Kamel. I installed yesterday afternoon...Im running basically the same setup Cm7 Beta5 d2e/ Kato Kernel beta .4 d2e / 22 citbun fixed/ Hroarks Adreno update ...and now your cm7_youtube_fix thrown in the mix (also have Adobe Flash installed). Everything seems to be getting along fine though I am not currently overclocking. Netflix video used to hang occasionally with the sound continuing as normal, and the video catching up later. Haven't experienced that as yet with your fix, (have used netflix for about 2+ hours overall since install) and it seems smoother. I tend to watch Kungfu movies and often have to read subtitles...so this seems to be helping for me, not so much missed dialog. I don't do much you tube, so I clicked a few just to test, and no problems that I've noticed. If I find any issues...Ill check back in...thanx again.

Thanks for the report! I truly appreciate your input :). I had trouble noticing differences between the two so any input is helpful. I believe part of the issue is that I was having other intermittent issues unrelated to this that were causing performance issues.

Back
Top Bottom