• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 disaster, Clockworkmod recovery nightmare

Maric117

Lurker
So I had to ditch my moto droid 1 and reactivate my vortex due to a keyboard failure. I have several good nandroid backups, multiple roms, etc on my sd card.

I saw that CM7 was released for the vortex and I figured id give it a try, second biggest mistake of my life. A friend was looking for a newer version and without telling me, installed clockworkmod recovery for a lg optimus C.

So now I have a broken ROM, and a recovery thats meant for a different phone.

I cant find a way to get Amon_RA recovery back on. I have the origional as well as the new version.

I have no USB support on the phone, and any attempt to flash a diff rom gives the error "Amend scripting is no longer supported. Please switch to edify scripting to creat a working update zip"

I cannot afford another phone right now and this is un usable
please help:eek:

Al right, I'm fairly new at this whole smartphone thing, but I'm good with coding and ROM Luck as I have the CM7 ROM running on my phone absolutely fine, and I think I can help you.
First mistake: Flashing the LG Optimus C recovery instead of the custom recovery for the LG Vortex.
OK so and Idea I have to solve this is flashing it back to It's original state using LGN_PST: Link How to downgrade LG Vortex - xda-developers

Then follow it's instructions to flash your phone into its default stock and then get the Custom recovery: http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/221375-custom-recovery-vortex-thunderc-vzw.html

Do the bit of coding through a terminal emulator or ADB shell whichever is easier to you, then get the CM7 .zip file and place it onto you sdcard, then boot into recovery : Power-Volume_Up-Home and go to wipe- Wipe ALL DATA/FACTORY RESET. Then go to Flash Zip Menu then Choose Zip from SD Card and flash the CM7 zip that you placed onto your sdcard, and flash it, then exit the flashing thing when it finishes and go to Reboot, and It should be All fixed. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom