• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 low signal strength

CRUMBsnatcher

Does anyone else get low signal strength when using CM7? Inside I get either 1 or no bars, and outside i get one or two. Is there any possible fix for this? Or do I just have to deal with it?

Does anyone else get low signal strength when using CM7? Inside I get either 1 or no bars, and outside i get one or two. Is there any possible fix for this? Or do I just have to deal with it?

its not the rom, its the carrier...and also the coverage area your in.

That is the very reason I switched from the Cricket Ascend to Sprint's Epic. I got tired of my calls getting forwarded to voicemail. I didn't have any trouble receiving calls until I started flashing ROM's on the Ascend. I had a Samsung Text Messager II before my Ascend. Reception strength was never an issue.

That is the very reason I switched from the Cricket Ascend to Sprint's Epic. I got tired of my calls getting forwarded to voicemail. I didn't have any trouble receiving calls until I started flashing ROM's on the Ascend. I had a Samsung Text Messager II before my Ascend. Reception strength was never an issue.

Same here, I never really noticed a low signal before. I wish I had money to switch to sprint. Have you seen the new dual touch screen phone?

Same here, I never really noticed a low signal before. I wish I had money to switch to sprint. Have you seen the new dual touch screen phone?

Kyocera makes it I think. They had a poster of it in the Sprint store when I returned from first Epic for a replacement.

I got a 25% work discount on my monthly bills to join Sprint. There was a promotion where they gave me $125 credit on future bills for switching carriers too. I don't know how long that promotion lasted though.

It is unacceptable when your cell phone can't receive calls properly. It is a shame since the Ascend is a very good internet phone for the price, IMO.

I think it's funny that the feature I use the least on my phone, is the actual phone. I might switch sometime in the future, definitely getting an evo and a galaxy tab, haha.

I think I know what you mean. I am getting a weak signal all of the sudden in areas where I know for sure I used to get full bars. Gonna try icarus...

I actually noticed this yesterday. I've been running CM7 on my Ascend for months, and know what my signal strength is as I run back and forth to work (it's about a 26 mile commute, with different towers involved, and it's always been constant.) I had flashed back to stock and decided to leave it like that for a bit this past weekend, and yesterday on the way to and from work I noticed my signal strength was far greater than it usually is on my commute. I paid attention at home and it had more bars here, too. Still does. Maybe there IS something with CM7 and signal strength...

I think the difference is just in the signal strength indicator, not the actual signal strength. I've noticed the number of bars is lower, but the signal seems to be just as strong, and I can get 3g even with no bars showing, which I never could with stock.

Back
Top Bottom