• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM9 / Stock rom question

On CM9 i was wondering, what govener is the best? I used the "performance" one and it seemed to get my phone really hot and would waste my battery, and the one that it was set on on default was really slow. Which one is the most stable/smoothest and takes less battery?

Also, i was wondering if you can overclock the stock rom?

I personally use SmartAssV2. What it does is use the full range of MHz settings, but when the screen is off it limits the CPU to the minimal frequency. Therefore, it has good performance while not using too much battery.

The Performance governor keeps your phone at the full MHz setting all the time. There is no wonder your battery depleted quickly.

On CM9 i was wondering, what govener is the best? I used the "performance" one and it seemed to get my phone really hot and would waste my battery, and the one that it was set on on default was really slow. Which one is the most stable/smoothest and takes less battery?

Also, i was wondering if you can overclock the stock rom?

The performance governor will keep your phone running at the max frequency at all times. It will really suck down your battery quick. Try any of the other ones and see which one you like the most. The one that is default in CM9 should be Interactive unless you changed it. It's the one that many people are using it sounds like. But try one of the other ones and see if you like them better.

I would not recommend using the Performance governor except for short periods of time, for example, when you're playing a game that needs the extra performance.

As for stock FROYO roms, if you're using one of the custom FROYO roms, then I assume most of them have overclockable kernels already. Otherwise, you can flash my fOCk kernel that I posted yesterday or use b_randon14's froyo kernel.

Back
Top Bottom