• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Commando 4g LTE Sim card question

smfoti

Lurker
Hi, I'm smfoti and have some questions about SIM cards.

Text message on phone (Commando) says, "Welcome to United Kingdom. Outgoing calls & Global Data features are inactive. Add via "blahverizonblahwebsite" or call +1-908 559 4899 from another phone"

Sent from 900080005330

Please explain how message is possible, was another SIM card inserted, if possible, what type, etc. Do not need to know how to actually use. Would any trace of this be left on phone after it's removal and the return of the original SIM? If you can identify the number it was sent from and identify a specific carrier, that would be great. Also, is it possible to receive a message like this without any type of SIM card manipulation? Thank you.

smf

Anyone? Please.

I don't really understand your question.

If you google the 908 number it is a Verizon support number. You probably have a Verizon SIM card in the phone. You cannot use their network unless you have an account with them. If you outside the US, they will require you to use their network on their SIM card and pay too much money for their services.

If you use a SIM card from another provider outside of the US, you need to install Docotors SIM APK. You will also need to add the APN of your provider in order to use data.

All of this info is well documented and discussed on this forum if you dig a little.

If I am misunderstanding your question, please clarify.

Back
Top Bottom