• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Complete Backup?

John I

I know the answer will be "no", but I am asking anyway! Is there any way to connect my UNROOTED Atrix to my PC and click one or more buttons and completely back up the phone? What do people do when they drop their phone in the toilet and have to get another? To me not having a simple full backup and restore unacceptable and a serious shortcoming of Android phones in general.

John

I know the answer will be "no", but I am asking anyway! Is there any way to connect my UNROOTED Atrix to my PC and click one or more buttons and completely back up the phone? What do people do when they drop their phone in the toilet and have to get another? To me not having a simple full backup and restore unacceptable and a serious shortcoming of Android phones in general.

John

You can backup the entire contents of your sd card but not the data on the phone itself or data from apps. What concerns you most?

You can backup the entire contents of your sd card but not the data on the phone itself or data from apps. What concerns you most?

It just seems like it should be a basic function of any phone to be able to backup and restore everything easily. I can do it with my computer. If the hard disk fails, I simply install a new drive and restore from my external backup drive. My PC automatically backs itself up once a week. I don't carry my computer everywhere I go or use it on boats etc. It seems even more important to be able to backup a phone in case of disaster. If I break my Atrix and have to get a new one, it will take me weeks to get it back to where it is now. Even then I will lose saved games, etc. Would it really be that difficult for AT&T/Google put a backup utility in?

It just seems like it should be a basic function of any phone to be able to backup and restore everything easily. I can do it with my computer. If the hard disk fails, I simply install a new drive and restore from my external backup drive. My PC automatically backs itself up once a week. I don't carry my computer everywhere I go or use it on boats etc. It seems even more important to be able to backup a phone in case of disaster. If I break my Atrix and have to get a new one, it will take me weeks to get it back to where it is now. Even then I will lose saved games, etc. Would it really be that difficult for AT&T/Google put a backup utility in?

Well Google backs up your settings, contacts, and paid apps. There are apps to back up your call logs, sms msgs but data from apps can only be saved if you're rooted.

Back
Top Bottom