• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Completely stumped (Need help with my new paperweight)(Virgin Mobile)

First of all, I have never tried to root my phone, or modify the OS in anyway. Thats why the thing that my phone did is so weird.
Anyways, a few days ago I was doing some normal web browsing on my victory. While I was browsing the phone shuts off. It's done that before, so I just start it back up and continue. Well I wanted to continue. The phone stopped at the Samsung boot page and never got any further. So I looked it up, and everyone said to go to recovery mode and factory reset. So I tried that......and failed. The recovery mode would start loading up, then the phone would shut off, turn on, shut off again, then just go to a blank screen. SO I looked that up. It turned out that the phone deleted it's operating system all by itself. Odd, i know. So here I am with my brand new $80 paper weight. I asked samsung what I should do, and they sent me to best buy. The guy there said that he didn't know what they were thinking by sending me to him, because they know that he couldn't fix it. He did give me some info though. He told me to get odin and reinstall the rom via .tar or .md5. So I did. There was ANOTHER problem though. I got my phone into Odin mode, plugged her in, started the download, and received a big, FAT, fail......So what do I do know, I think to myself. I try TWRP.......fail. I try victorious roms......fail. I even try sprint roms.......fail.
So now I have a fancy new paperweight.
Anyone know what is going on?

Are you on sprint or virgin mobile? There are no Odin flashable stock Roms for the virgin victory.
If you had the most recent update to nd4 then victorious will not work because its based on older firmware (mg5) and its not a complete ROM, its just an update to stock. Your system probably was not erased but now that you've tried flashing so many things you may have a brick. Twrp should have installed though. If it failed, either you don't have the drivers right or your phone memory is just corrupted.
Also if you couldn't install twrp how were you attempting to install victorious? It flashes in twrp. If you mange to get twrp installed then I have a stock backup that may help.
this thread will show you how to install twrp. If it succeeds let me know and I will get you a link to my backup.

I use virgin mobile. But I found a flashable sprint rom and that still didn't work. Also I've tried using different usb ports, sd cards, the lot. TWRP still won't install. Is there a way that I can access the phones internal OS files and delete the corrupt ones and reinstall them? Or do I need to try something else?
I'm getting close to just buying a new phone at this point. I've put about 10 hours working on it so I'm getting close to quitting on it.

What do you mean by twrp will not install? What errors are you getting? Attempting to install a sprint tar through Odin can definitely brick you. If twrp won't install through Odin then your phone is probably gone. But just saying it doesn't install doesn't gibe enough information. You may be doing something wrong. And no you cannot access the system without some kind of boot up, either the system or recovery. What happens when you try to boot to recovery? From power off, hold power and volume up until you see "recovery booting" in the corner. So if you tried to install twrp then you can get in download mode?

Back
Top Bottom