• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

justme0485

Apr 14, 2012
I just recently got a brand new droid razr maxx. Ive had it about a week now. But the battery life and glitchiness is horrible! I fully charge the battery and allowed it to fully drain ( since ive read you should allow this happen once a month) I have disabled bluetooth, gps, turn off automatic brightness, turn my sync off and set some to only wifi and my weather app i made it and my gmail account to do push updates. My phone only allows me stay charge for 7 hours. Is this normal?

Another issue is it's glitchness while using the phone. It acts like it hesitates to go in a app or jams up while i am in a app ( this is any app) I don't have many apps on the phone except for 6 apps i download from the play store.

I was wondering if anyone expirenced these issues and how did they correct them?

From Verizon website ...

1. With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge, above the volume buttons) until options menu appears then release.
  2. Tap and hold Power off until the 'Reboot to safe mode' screen appears.
  3. From the Reboot to safe mode screen, tap OK.
    linote.gif
    Allow up to 1 minute for the device to reboot.
  4. Notes:

• With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
  • Power cycle the device to disable Safe Mode then reinstall and test each app one at a time to identify which app is causing the problem.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Different.

From the Motorola website ...

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL DOWN key, then tap and release the VOL UP key.
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 5, try a force reboot by pressing the power Key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to SELECT this option.
8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
9. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT
11. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones