• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

connecting to a hidden network

SupraEA

I am trying to connect to a hidden network. when I type in the ssid, it says out of range. I tried hidden ssid enabler, but no luck. has anyone connected with their heros? I am using one of the latest aosp .97

I Googled it for you and found this, don't know if it will help, you can also allow your router to accept only certain Mac addresses, check your Mac address on your phone and allow your to accept that Mac address ;)

C&P

Try turning the SSID on the router from hidden to visible, and then do the actual set up on the phone. I'm using a router with WPA2 and AES (visible), and when I set up the connection on my Hero, the phone recognized the wireless settings just fine with this configuration.

Then try turning your WiFi back to hidden, if you really want to (btw, that has nothing to do with increased security -- I work at Cisco, and our engineers have long joked about how hiding your SSID has no real impact on slowing down hackers).
I am trying to connect to a hidden network. when I type in the ssid, it says out of range. I tried hidden ssid enabler, but no luck. has anyone connected with their heros? I am using one of the latest aosp .97

I Googled it for you and found this, don't know if it will help, you can also allow your router to accept only certain Mac addresses, check your Mac address on your phone and allow your to accept that Mac address ;)

C&P

Thanks for doing a search for me. I had came across that post myself. Unfortunately I am not the administrator and cant make the network visible, however, my Mac address has been added. In that thread they're we're different solutions that worked for some and not for others. Its a shame because lap tops and iTouch can do this so easily, but reading through some threads it seems its an android thing. If anyone knows how to make it work for a hero, I would really appreciate the help.

Back
Top Bottom