• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Constant data on wifi?

johnnybirdman

Android Enthusiast
Starting sometime yesterday I began to see a constant transfer on wifi, anyone seeing this?
Edit: I should add that I changed nothing.

I have now gone as far as 2 factory reboots and telling the phone not to sync after reboot and once connected to wifi "apparent" transfer of data is nonstop. I may try to root at this point just to see.

Get Juice Defender App. It stops data when I'm on wifi and when the phone is asleep.

Thanks, I may try that. Although I don't think that is going to tell me what the underlying problem is.

This is getting so annoying. I have literally uninstalled or disabled everything that I can and it still shows activity on the wifi connection. Again, I don't know if it's actually activity or something wonky with the hardware itself.....

Have you checked the apps settings and seen whats running? Also disable any verizon app. I already have Google to sync my contacts and the vzw apps don't work or useless when I can just use the browser.

Back
Top Bottom