• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Constantly using data

kninetimmy

Sep 8, 2010
For some reason im constanly using data, you know above the 3g symbol in the status bar were it has the arrows telling you if your using data well for somereason im apperently using data all the time and i cant charge my phone bc its using to much power with constant 3g usage. And this it with sync off and everything
help?
Kninetimmy

Yeah i tried reboot airplanemode i tried deleting apps that might be using it nothing

That is strange have you tried turning off data and turning it back on? I don't have an ally anymore but if there is no option in settings then download http://www.appbrain.com/app/zdbox-(all-in-one-toolbox)/com.zdworks.android.toolbox and you can easily kill data with the tap of a widget

That is the only thing i can think of..... which rom are you using?Velocity correct? It might be something to the 50% bug.....

If you want I can look and see what apps you have that might use alot of data..... do you have appbrain? if so share your applist or take a screenshot.......

Upvote 0
For some reason im constanly using data, you know above the 3g symbol in the status bar were it has the arrows telling you if your using data well for somereason im apperently using data all the time and i cant charge my phone bc its using to much power with constant 3g usage. And this it with sync off and everything
help?
Kninetimmy

kninetimmy it is maybe not the apps but the phone
as in your text below what you say is that your are overlocking and when you overlock it drains your battery as well its how much you use your phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones