• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact Photo

No matter what I try, I simply cannot add a photo image to a contact.

Searched this forum and Googled for assistance - seems to be an unsolved problem.

One would think this should be a simple procedure - do I need a secret handshake to make it happen?

Help!!!!

I have the option to add contact pictures when you are editing or adding a new contact. All I have to do is touch the default image and an option pops up to take a new one or choose one from the gallery?

Thanks for the reply.

After choosing "EDIT", I get to the image in the gallery, choose & save it. However, it does not get added to the contact.

Oh. Then that's a different problem. I don't know that I can help you there. Does it give you any kind of confirmation or anything?

Are these contacts synced to your gmail account? I do all my editing from gmail.com on my PC, much easier. And that's also how I added all the pictures to my contacts too.

Thanks for the reply.

After choosing "EDIT", I get to the image in the gallery, choose & save it. However, it does not get added to the contact.

Try from the other end of the process:

Go to your gallery & select the image you want, touch the image & then the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner, set as, contact icon, choose contact, crop then done.

Back
Top Bottom