• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact sync

mplevy

Android Expert
I added a new contact a couple weeks ago (my contact list doesn't change THAT much), I've found that it hasn't synced to my Google account. There's no way to change WHERE it syncs, I just add it to "People" (the Sense location for contacts). Any ideas or tips?

I want to make sure it works because I want to wipe the phone and start over to resolve a VERY slow boot issue (as much as 5-10 minutes from power on to usability).

did you make sure that when you entered the contact it went under 'Google contacts' and not 'Phone contacts'? I have done that numerous times and had to write the info down so I could delete it and then redo it as a google contact.

I see it now. Damn HTC and their meddling in the operation of the device! On my Droid (yes, THE Droid), they were ALWAYS "Google" contacts...

Too bad they don't let you change a contact, maybe an enhancement opportunity for future versions of Sense?

That would be nice. The plus is that after you choose it this time it should default to the Google Contact the next time.

Well, "next time" being relative. I was looking into it because I'm going to wipe my phone so it'll reset to the default of phone contact.

You CAN change the contact after the fact. You have to do it from My Verizon website on your pc.

You CAN change the contact after the fact. You have to do it from My Verizon website on your pc.

I don't have access to that site, my line is a corporate liability line (but still my personal number, to be returned when/if I leave the company). They're all backed up using BackupAssistant though.

Found that I may not need to wipe the phone and start over, I went back to Sense and it boots faster than it was (though still relatively slow), I was using Go Launcher EX. FWIW, the same launcher didn't cause slow boot on my a500 tablet.

Back
Top Bottom