• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contacts showing "unknown"

Elzabe

Lurker
Thanks for all the helpful advice in the thread. However, I have searched everywhere (including the manual), but it seems that I am the only one who has a problem with my contacts showing "unknown" when someone calls me. Can someone PLEASE help and tell me how to fix the problem? I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini on contract a week ago.

How do I get my contacts to show when someone calls me? All calls show "unknown" although the numbers are in my contact list. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini a week ago on contract. The first two days everything worked fine.

Welcome to our AndroidForums, Elzabe! :)

I've moved your post to its own thread here in the SGS5 Mini area for you.

Hopefully someone will have some good advice for you soon.

Cheers!

Hi there, Elzabe, and welcome to Android Forums. We're glad you're here. :)

I've merged your two threads into one.

All calls show "unknown" although the numbers are in my contact list. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini a week ago on contract. The first two days everything worked fine.
Can you think of anything that happened AFTER those first two days that might have affected this? Do you recall anything you installed, or any settings you may have changed, or...anything? The more info you can give us, the more likely someone will be able to help!

Thank you for helping. Went back to the shop and they informed me that the carrier did not activate the caller id function. I had it fixed for an additional R10.00 per month. Apparently they do this for certain contracts.

Back