• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Copy text within a message

I installed textra hoping it had this feature. Does ANY messaging app allow you to select & copy selected words (e.g an address or phone number) from within a received message? Haven't found any that allow this. Thanks

Huh? I thought any messaging app can do that. It's something I sometimes do on my Samsung and Huawei phone messaging apps.

For example, selecting and copying part of a received message on my Note20. ...
Screenshot_20230205_080457_Messages.jpg

I've never used Textra, but I'm sure it can.

Last edited:
There is a textra bot, it can help you with almost everything.

I believe it is press over to the message and you will see a check mark right, that way you can copy the text.

Danny and Clem, you are welcome, I know I did that a few times before :) sometimes I just do not like a million texts on my cell, so I just deleted them, sometimes after pushing send :)

Selecting, copying and pasting by touching the screen is not dependent on the app, but on the android that came with the device.
I don't know how to handle such apps on Android TV, because I don't use it, but I suppose it should work when you press the mouse button or select text for a long time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom