• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Couple of questions

Wolvie66

1st if I do Z4 root will this void my warranty and can it make my phone freeze up were I cannot use it anymore. I mean if I do this Z4 root will my phone have any problems doing updates etc.

2nd when you download an app from the market and use that app does that use your data minutes?

3rd if you use wifi were it says wifi free or in your house does that cost extra on your phone bill per month.

I know these may be stupid questions but being asked these from wife now since she got a HTC Droid and is on a limited data plan.

Thanks everybody in advance for all your help.

Yes, if you turn it back in to vzw still rooted.

uses data, not minutes, and you should have an unlimited plan?

Wifi is free.

To elaborate a little on the above:

1st if I do Z4 root will this void my warranty

Maybe. If you return it with a hardware problem, it's likely it won't be an issue... but technically, it does void your warranty. If you have to send it back, it's wise to unroot the device first.

and can it make my phone freeze up were I cannot use it anymore.

Rooting itself will not hurt your phone. What you can do with rooting (modifying the system) can hurt your phone if you're not careful.

2nd when you download an app from the market and use that app does that use your data minutes?

Downloading apps use data, unless you're on Wifi. Whether the app uses data once it's downloaded depends on the app. If the app makes an internet connection, it can use data.

3rd if you use wifi were it says wifi free or in your house does that cost extra on your phone bill per month.

All situations where you are connected to Wifi means no data usage on your plan.

Back
Top Bottom