• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Couple Qs about Droid Turbo when used for Time Lapse

I think I almost have my 1st 'serious Time Lapse' project organized:

We have vast hordes of bored touristas here, swarming around the harbor, where the bridge across the river will be flapping up & down to let the sail boats whiz past, if I get the frame rate right.

My questions now, tho, are about protecting my Droid from practical damage.

A. First, to provide 'timescale', the sun will be crossing the frame for a couple hours. I've heard of cameras where the sun had burned a hole in SLR's shutters. Would I potentially be damaging the sensor in the Droid?
A Better Camera seems to work by taking a series of stills and then processing them in-camera into a vid, but there doesn't seem to be any sortware manual at all for it.

B. I have a Kingston 64 G DT MicroDuo 3.0, which I've read is compatible with the Droid. I'd like to store the files (if they are a series of pictures later assembled into a video) directly on the flash drive, just in case...
is there some way to use File Manager or some such app, to direct photos output to external storage?

C.
I'd also like to use a PNY phone battery booster eventually for longer duration sequences, and perhaps keep the display screen on during them. Are these completely safe to use with a Droid, especially if they were run thru a kludgey hub arrangement, so photo data could flow out, while power was flowing in thru the single micro-USB connector?

Your brainpower appreciated!

What app are you using on your Turbo? There are a number available in Play Store like ...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=camera.time.frame.lapse

... Thom

Thom, thanks; those didn't show up at all when I searched in various reviews for 'Top Android Camera Apps'.

The one I picked, A Better Camera, got top marks in several reviews and besides TimeLapse, included Voice Start/Stop, HDR, Night Settings and Burst Mode- all of which could be handy in making various projects. However, it has no instructions on using the app, just a page of Q&A on G+.

The limiting factor I've found working with my Raspberry Pis is the crappy encoding many people settle for, like with Moviemaker, loading one frame at a time and winding up with something that looks like it was shot with a coke bottle. I want to do things more like House of Cards open titles, if you know what I mean...

Back
Top Bottom