• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Crackling sound anyone?

SebaKL

Android Enthusiast
Hi there guys

I noticed, that after a while of using the phone, my Music player will produce very crackling sound. Whether it's a headset or laud speaker the sounds just start jerking as if you scrub through vinyl (for the young readers, vinyl is from typewrite era, long before Bieber was born).

It fixes itself instantly the moment I reboot the phone. So it's not a big problem, but I'm just curious if anyone experience this before? Warranty running out soon, just want to make sure whether it's software or hardware related.

By the way, I can frequently turn this "feature" ON, by pressing the 5.1 channel button.

Appreciate your feedback,

cheers

Seba

I have the same problem! The music sounds all distorted and a little slower, I just reboot the phone to get it back to normal. I have no idea why it does this, seems to be completely random.

I do have theory.

I noticed that this happens only to certain MP3. Especially my audio books. So I suppose, the bitrate or some other setting of the mp3 spec, is not player friendly.

It collides with other software that utilize the audio. It happens very often when I use Endomondo to track my daily runs and walks. Endomondo uses voice to inform me of the lap time every one km, total time, time per lap and total KM made and in what time, speed etc...I can actually quite easily reproduce that. All I have to do is open Endomondo first, then my music player, and 8 out of 10 times the audio books will go crackling. But then again, it could be coincident, because this is when I listen to audio books the most :)

It doesn't apply to all the mp3 tho, so I'm sure that it's not a hardware problem. I tried the other day, listen to Christopher Hitchens. Was crackling so bad, I couldn't get anything he said. When I change to a song, was ok, back to Hitchens, crackling. Play TuneIN, ok.
What bothers me, is that as we speak, I play that book without problem. It's a random thing and I yet to figure out the pattern.

cheers
Seba

I got the same problem. Crackling only when i turn on the '5.1' surround stereo feature in music player, and a reboot solves it. You say it might be an app causing this? I have like 50+ apps though. Sighs. Android have so many issues.

Back
Top Bottom