• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Create Folders on Home screen

The usual Android method to create a folder is to long press an app icon and drag it over another when a blue circle appears. Simple.

Samsung on many of its devices thought better. Press menu button and you get the option. Works on my S4 phone.

Samsung on its new tablets thought again. Do away with the menu button.

So? Press and long hold the multi-tasking key (faintly visible to left of physical Home button). There you'll find the Menu. That's 'android central's solution.

All I get doing that is option to bin the Home Page, or change wallpaper or add widgets.

But here, thanks to ...
Found it.
Go to app screen press icon and top left is create folder; name then drag apps to created folder

Not completely clear, but under Apps, click on the three dots menu where you'll find option to create a folder. Which it does - placing it as another App in Apps. Then you have to drag it to your Home Screen.

Why is something so simple so difficult, so obscure? I love the tablet but talk about Some-sang stress!! How to make your device as un-user friendly as possible.

Tim

PS Am I in the wrong forum? I see it's for Tablet 2 - I thought it was Tablet S...??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones