• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Creating Email Filters for Active Sync Exchange

rob316

I have the DInc and have a question. Is there anyone to create filters in Active Sync Exchange that filters out emails so they don't hit your Inc. I have a rule setup in Outlook that automatically sends an email sent by a specific email address to go directly to my deleted items in my Personal Folders in Outlook 2007. The reason why i ask is because on my BB Storm, I setup a filter that blocked these emails from going to my BB Inbox. I also remember on my Moto Q with Win Mobile I always also able to setup a filter as well. I work at a help desk with a ticket tracking system, the system sends an email for every ticket opened by the help desk to all help desk employees, so my inbox can fill up quite quickly. I did notice that if I have Outlook opened up on my desktop these emails do not show up on my DInc, but when I close Outlook (Like I did last night before I went home), they are showing up today on my Inc.

if you have outlook, you can great a filter using that which will copy over to the server level. i can't get my MS exchange to work with my phone due to a proxy so i have it forwarded to my gmail via a filter.

if you have outlook, "manage rules and alerts" part of outlook, you can add rules and filters for whatever you want and it will prompt you if you would like this copied over to the server.

Thanks, docp. I probably did not explain this well.
I can do regular Exchange filtering, but I am trying to figure out if there is a way to filter our specific emails (based on sender) from the Inc mailbox.
BB has a feature to do this and it is pretty handy.

there are two ways of doing it :) i am actually trying to do the opposite and even opened a case with htc :)

Free way:
if you dont want to receive emails from some one\many people, create an outlook to send those emails to a subfolder in outlook, and incredible will not get them(i'm actually trying to get this work in reverse :) ). The only way to retrieev them is to manually browse to that folder.

Paid way:
Touchdown exchange, is a more advanced email client that has multiple ways of getting this done, but UI is ehh at best ...

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I'm having this same problem...
On my blackberry I could set up filters to block certain emails from being sent to my phone (I receive several dozen work-related reports per day that I don't need to look at on my phone) but I can't find an equivalent function in the crappy Samsung email app on my Captivate.

Does anyone know if Touchdown or FAS Mail support this feature? Are there any others?

Also looking for a way to disable the pin lock policy, I'd rather use the connect-the-dots lock screen

Back
Top Bottom