• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Creating nandroid on LG Vortex running 2.2.2

Hi all,

I rooted my Vortex running 2.2.2 with GingerBreak v1.2. It worked great and I was able to run Titanium Backup and ES File Explorer File Manager and backed up a few things and deleted a few. However, I got cold feet and decided to try to make a nandroid backup before going further.

I read tons of threads about backing up the phone, but couldn't find any specific instructions. :confused: What I pieced together was that you have to use a custom recovery and boot into that. Thinking that the "Reboot into recovery mode" in TiBu was just the ticket, I ran it... Now you're probably all laughing... :o :D

So what it did was a factory reset?? Or so it seems.. :confused:

None of my downloaded apps were there and to my dismay I couldn't find any way to create a "nandroid".. Please help a noob out and point me in the right direction. (I was able restore my apps from the backups I made with TiBu, but settings on the phone and personalization was blown away).

Basically, before I do anything else I want to be sure to have a clean state to come back to if I screw it up.. which undoubtedly I will...

Thanks for reading that book (if you did)! :D

Much love to the mods, admins, guides and users on this community for all the helpful threads!!!

Install CWM or TWRP, That's the custom recovery and that will allow you to make a nandroid backup. As you make changes - before you add files, before you delete files, etc. - take another nandroid backup. Save them all on your computer.

If it all blows up in your face, restore the last backup you made before adding or deleting that file, and don't do it again.

When you're all done and the phone is the way you like it (today - you'll change your mind tomorrow), keep the last backup, delete all the others, upload the one you kept to the cloud, put it on your phone's SD card - have a few copies of it. Five isn't too many, zero is too few. And if you have one, and it gets corrupted, you have zero.

Thanks, Rukbat. I did a little googling on the two apps. Wow! Lots of differing opinions on that one. Its about as polarizing as Windows vs. Apple.

Good advice though on your part. Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom