• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cricket to stop support for cdma

stevew220

Lurker
cricket will STOP supporting all CDMA phones in spring 2015. att now owns leap (cricket) and is moving entire network to 4g gsm type phones

Cricket currently has the following disclaimer on their website regarding the phones for sale:

"Cricket is upgrading its CDMA network to 4G GSM and expects to stop offering CDMA wireless service as early as March 2015. THIS CDMA PHONE WILL NO LONGER WORK ON OUR WIRELESS NETWORK AFTER WE COMPLETE THIS UPGRADE."

shop phones | Cricket Wireless

I've been using their A600 USB modem (also CDMA) for 3G broadband, so it sounds like I'll be affected too. :<
Presumably, they will offer a 4G alternative? Maybe now is a good time to explore the T-mobile route. They seem to have a good deal via Walmart.

Did they accelerate their timetable? Suddenly, I went from 200-400 kbps to < 20kpbs, zero bars on my usb modem. This has been for the past 3 days. Never had any problems before.
I tried to bring up their account help chat last night and it wouldn't even load.

I know, I'm probably the last person in the US using their 3G broadband service but, after all, they're still billing me.

*Update: Back to mostly-normal, getting at least one bar/dot now. Techs must have been off over the Labor Day weekend. Hopefully full normal two-three bars will resume eventually.

Back
Top Bottom