• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CROMBi-kk - My Review

jericko

Android Enthusiast
Both my wife and I each have a TF300, and have been running stock since we bought them over a year ago. In the past few month, each tablet has become almost unstable with horrible lag issues. I decided to unlock my bootloader, and install CROMBi-kk. I used to install ROMs on my old HTC EVO, so I was familiar with the overall process.

After running CROMBi-kk for a day, it has given new life to my TF300, the no lag, the GUI is zippy and I can not rave about this ROM enough. I choose the GEASS kernel during the install and after a day of heavy use, I have yet to encounter any bugs. The biggest thing I have noticed is the amount of customization this ROM has to offer, I spent a hour digging through the menu options and have tweak it the exact way I want it.

For anyone thinking about taking the plunge, I think you will be happy. Over at the XDA forum, the instructions were so simple, about 30 minutes from start to finish (unlock bootloader, install TWRP , make a nandroid backup, install the new ROM).

I finally flashed the new bootloader and recovery the other day. I flashed CROMI-X afterwards. I had ran the older CROMI last year and loved it. Sbdags is one heck of a developer. That's for sure! :)

I may be giving CROMBI-KK a try in the near future.

ive been using cromi for years and the plunge to move it up to 4.4.2 was an awesome one and it will be updated to 4.4.3 soon too

I finally upgraded to 4.4.2 last week. Was having a blast, then came here yesterday. That's when I realize 4.4.3 was out. DOH!

Regardless, another thumb up for 4.4.2. Much smoother and tablet is much more useful. Will upgrade to 4.4.3 in the next few.

I finally upgraded to 4.4.2 last week. Was having a blast, then came here yesterday. That's when I realize 4.4.3 was out. DOH!

Regardless, another thumb up for 4.4.2. Much smoother and tablet is much more useful. Will upgrade to 4.4.3 in the next few.

you wont notice any difference by looking at it mate as the 4.4.3 upgrade is all behind the scenes stuff but i cant fault it one bit, i cant beleive how old this tablet is and how well its still running

you wont notice any difference by looking at it mate as the 4.4.3 upgrade is all behind the scenes stuff but i cant fault it one bit, i cant beleive how old this tablet is and how well its still running

I love mine Rob. The dock really comes in handy too. It sure beats the heck out of lugging around my laptop on short trips.

I really like the HDMI port too. I hook my tablet up to my flat screen all the time to watch movies.

It's nice to see that development is still going strong in the TF300 section too. :D

Yeah I know mate I've had mine 2 years and still don't see the need to buy a new tablet (apart from I just want more techy bits lmao)

hi guys,
i dunno if I miss some tuning but I have crombi kk 4.4.4 installed (coming from previous 4.4.2) and i still have this lag sensation in all situations: using chrome, scrolling the system settings and even awaking it up sometime takes couple of seconds)

Do you have any tips? Thank you in advance

there is a new version of cromi guys called ZOMBi-X OMNI KANG which is obviously based off omni source and the only issue ive found as of right now is the dock battery icon doesnt work but they have a fix and it will be in the next release

Back
Top Bottom