• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cropping to clipboard

opalfrog

Jan 6, 2013
Michigan
I just upgraded from a note 2 to a note 4. I use to be able to just hold down the button on the Spen, crop my pic, and it would be available in the clipboard where I could add it to other pics from my gallery. This seems to be missing from the note 4 and it was a feature that I used quite a bit. All I can do now is send everything to scrapbook which does me no good. Can the note 4 still do this?
I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I've searched the message board and even youtube and can't find anything that completely answers my question.

I've been using Note 4 for about five months now. I've been able to crop images and whenever I hit 'Save to scrapbook' it also saves the clip to clipboard and then I've been able to paste that clip from clipboard on another picture...until yesterday. I was deleting a single useless image clip from clipboard when it suddenly said "Clipboard cleared" emptying the whole thing at once. After that, only text clips get copied to clipboard. I can still find every single image clip from the scrapbook, but as you said it doesn't do any good because you can't use scrapbook clips when editing pictures in 'studio'. This is so annoying! This copy-paste function was one of the main reasons I bought this phone in the first place and I've been using it almost daily and now suddenly it stops working... :(

Ps. Ever since this error occurred, when I crop a piece from a picture and hit 'save to scrapbook' it saves the clip and then it says "Already exists" on the screen for a short amount of time. I don't know what this means. I'm not saving the same clip, they're all different and unique, especially because I use lasso crop free handedly with S-pen.

Upvote 0
That's what happened to me. I never got the "already exists" message though. Either way it never worked again. I tried a ton of photo programs to find something similar and the closest I found was PicsArt. It took some getting use to and is a bit more of a hassle than being able to do everything straight from the gallery but it works.

Here's some stuff I made with the PicsArt app. Mostly just goofy stuff with pics of my dog Buddy lol
NuttyBuddyCones_zpsdcxqpbuc.jpg

HunterBuddy_zpstfexydph.jpg

MyBuddyBuddy_zpsgmmspdai.jpg

BuddyBikeBackground1_zpsqnjzzcqk.jpg

and my favorite, Budford Von Longfellow, all class with a dash of sass.
Sir%20Budford%20Von%20Longfellow%20cropped%20_zpseunbozsh.jpg

Upvote 0
I love it! :-D That's exactly the kind of image manipulation I like to do. I mean _used to do_ but maybe I'll give a try to that app - thanks for the tip!

I hope Samsung fixes this bug soon though! After all, they advertise the phone having great photo editing features.

Here's some pics that I made (with clipboard when it worked...) for people in a facebook group asking to manipulate their pet photos. :)
2015-05-08 15.30.16.jpg
2015-05-08 16.59.46.jpg

EDIT: I did factory reset on my phone which fixed the problem! I just upgraded to Lollipop like a few days ago and I know factory reset is recommended (not mandatory though) after system upgrade. Now the clipboard works again. But of course I lost all my gaming info, in game purchases etc. which sucks big time. I guess I'm done playing and "handing out" my money...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones