• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CSIPSimple settings with PBXes.org???

RazzMaTazz

Android Expert
Jan 28, 2011
I have a valid PBXes.org account that I was using with SIPDroid. But I don't like SIPDroid's user interface, so I'm instaleld CSIPSimple and tried to get it to work with my PBXes.org account, but it always fails to register. It usually says (depending on what I put in for the account info) "Error while registering- Request Timeout", or "Error while registering- Unauthorized". I've tried entering different user-names like:
mypbxesusername
mypbxesusername@pbxes.org
mypbxesusername-200
mygmailusername

I'm sure that my PBXes.org password is entered correctly.

Can somebody tell me the exact settings that I'd need to use or perhaps suggest a good, free PBX? (I'm in the US if that matters.)

Hi Razzmatazz,

having exactly the same problem with my HTC Desire running Android 2.2.

After looking up some info on google, it seems the standard parameters should be the ones on the official website :
Getting Started - PBXes

see pragraph 2.2, with the table, in the link.

However CSipSimple is always getting me "request timeout" (once I had "bad gateway", though) when I use these.

I have tried using the "PBXes.org" wizard in CSipSimple, and also trying entering manually all the parameters through the "Basic" and "Expert" generic wizards in the app. Still cannot register, it gives me "error while registering - request timeout".

Just in case any of the following may be related, or helps to understand the issue:
It used to work, I think until the end of 2011 I had it working, after setup with the PBXes.org wizard in the app. I have been changing timezones in 2012, so my PBXes.org has been transferred from Nuremberg to HongKong and Miami (apparently), but now is back in Nurnberg and not working

Cheers
jonhjonh
I have a valid PBXes.org account that I was using with SIPDroid. But I don't like SIPDroid's user interface, so I'm instaleld CSIPSimple and tried to get it to work with my PBXes.org account, but it always fails to register. It usually says (depending on what I put in for the account info) "Error while registering- Request Timeout", or "Error while registering- Unauthorized". I've tried entering different user-names like:
mypbxesusername
mypbxesusername@pbxes.org
mypbxesusername-200
mygmailusername

I'm sure that my PBXes.org password is entered correctly.

Can somebody tell me the exact settings that I'd need to use or perhaps suggest a good, free PBX? (I'm in the US if that matters.)

Upvote 0
small update:
after googling a bit more, I tried a coupld of things in pbxes.org:
1. re-registered the trunk i use with my extension
2. deleted my extension, and re-created it as new

It still does not work.

PBXes.org help forums mention that some servers have trouble sometimes, but the Europe one is supposed to be fine.

By the way, is it working for you with SIPdroid ? is the issue only with CSipSimple?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones