• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Custom car mount I made for my EVO W/ Otterbox

Wipped this up this morning the main reason why I decided to do this is that I got the torque app for my evo so I can connect it to my truck and have a neat digital display in the corner of my dash. My clip broke on my otter box holster so they are sending me a new case and holster free so I decided to drill some holes in my otter box holster with no worries. I also had a couple small universal speaker mounts laying around in my garage so I had an idea and here it is!

here is the speaker mount that I used to create this. It's an onmi mount AB2 I got about 10 of them on clearance at radio shack awhile back for 1$ each! Except the ones I have are white. I spray painted this one black.

ab-parts300.jpg

Here is what I made!
95d205ed.jpg

6e8a0c4d.jpg

d2a2663d.jpg

ac39e49a.jpg

79c2044e.jpg

9935d5b6.jpg

90802bd6.jpg

Reactions: jynx and xefe
i like it! how did you adhere/attach it inside the truck?

I am actually planning on something similar to this

http://www.plxdevices.com/

....it's the only reason I want a mount really but I need something secure enough that they won't question at the track.

if torque is the app I am thinking of...all one needs is the correct bluetooth module and it will communicate with the app obdII-bt-phone.

Upvote 0
i like it! how did you adhere/attach it inside the truck?

I am actually planning on something similar to this

PLX Devices Inc - USA

....it's the only reason I want a mount really but I need something secure enough that they won't question at the track.

if torque is the app I am thinking of...all one needs is the correct bluetooth module and it will communicate with the app obdII-bt-phone.

Yup its torque the app is simply amazing Im still learning a lot about it. I am using one of the cheapo ebay OBD ELM327 Module ones for like 25$ works like a charm here is the exact one I bought and from the exact same guys.
OBDII OBD II CAN BUS V1.4 scantool Bluetooth ScannneR - eBay (item 250748410954 end time Jan-26-11 22:42:45 PST)
I had it in just over a week even though it came from HK!

I used Scotch Exterior Mounting Tape 4011 to adhere it to my dash you would not beleive how strong this stuff is!!
aeb1a4a8ab8b9dacc4e0c97183f93373f6.jpg

I do alot of HID Light installs and I use this stuff to hold the ballast basically anywhere and this stuff never fails.

Upvote 0
Here are some quick pics I just took of it in my truck with my phone. The main reason I really wanted the torque app is to be able to see temperatures and mpg in the next update he will have the trans temp working which is awesome for when I tow the boat! Im driving a 99 F150 with 200k on it so I really wanna keep an eye on everything trying to make this thing last ya know.

d2a091c6.jpg

fcc177cc.jpg

5529_1194265211088_1062170387_601742_6720305_n.jpg

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones