• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom Galaxy light kernel needed

Hey You developers out there I am a Samsung Galaxy light user and I'm sure there are others out there that would like to see a new custom kernel be developed reply within

Hey You developers out there I am a Samsung Galaxy light user and I'm sure there are others out there that would like to see a new custom kernel be developed reply within

The good news is that the source code for your device is available, its just a matter of getting it in the hands of someone with the knowledge to do it.

I heard about the galaxy light and offered my services to help root it, i was in need at teh time of a tmobile phone anyways. i wasnt happy with the way things turned out, as well as tmobile service so i sold it. you guys have root and custom recovery for as long as the device is usable, i have no intentions of spending hours rewriting kernel code for the light.

hello all,
im new to this forum but not android/kernel dev (if any of you frequent a certain other popular dev site you will likely find info on my nick) and ill take a look at building a kernel for the light BUT i would need someone willing to test builds as i do not have the device myself. i do have the SM-G800F S5 Mini which is the same cpu and by the looks of it a lot of other things are the same and i already have custom kernels out for that including overclocks to 1.6ghz and 640mhz for cpu/gpu

i will happily create and maintain a kernel and potentially if their is demand for it i could do some custom roms also :)

ill try to watch this post but a pm might be easier for me to spot

Back
Top Bottom