• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Custom phone labels showing as "Custom" when sending text.

tvanharp

Lurker
I have contacts that have more phone numbers than available labels such as people who have 2 work numbers, a mobile and an office. They may also have a personal mobile etc... so to sort it all out I've created custom labels such "Work Mobil", "Personal Mobile", etc...

Now I want to send a text to their "Work Mobile" number. I type their name in the To box of the the Android supplied texting app, and their numbers come up as:
Fred Jones
Custom - 555-1234
Custom - 555-6789

WTF? You have got to be kidding me, really?
I'm beside myself thinking Android....thought Google had something to do with Android, but I know Google is not this stupid. Is this because it says "Verizon" on it, that I could accept since Verizon sucks and I realize that.

Is there a way to correct this? Get an iPhone maybe well got over a year on the contract so not an option, YET. any thoughts would be great.

There are a couple of different ways, if you have a set of favorites you can set up direct to text shortcuts on your home screen or you could download a third party contacts app that you could customize more or set up widgets.

Back